A staple in any deer hunters cooking repertoire. This is my no brainer go to preparation for backstop. Its easy and always a crowdpleaser. Just be sure you clean off any silverskin or sinew before seasoning. This can also simply be applied to any grilled tenderloin or steak.
- Preheat your grill to high heat and clean grates accordingly.
- Season your backstrap with Seasoning Salt, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper and coat lightly with oil.
- Place backstrap on grill rack and sear for 1 minute. Turn over and sear other side for 1 minute and reduce heat. Continue to cook until medium rare or rare. Turning once more if needed.
- Remove from grill and allow steak to rest tented or covered lightly for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve vegetables of choice. Pictured with Garlic, Rosemary Red Potatoes and Ketchup infused with Tabasco.