- 1 lb. of ground venison (I use 1-10 fat to meat ratio for grinding)
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t salt
- Red pepper flakes to liking
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- ~ 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Flour Tortillas
- Toppings of choice
- Add oil to skillet and turn to medium high heat.
- Sauté onion in oil till nearly translucent.
- Add garlic and cook till fragrant. Set aside.
- Add venison and brown meat. Drizzle excess oil from onions and garlic and stir in spices. After a few minutes add the onion and garlic and cook to desired doneness and serve immediately.
- Place in flour tortillas and garnish tacos with desired toppings such as shredded cheese, avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, picante, hot sauce, etc.